Rosso Fiorentino Florentia
THE ITALIAN STATEMENT LOUDSPEAKER
- THE FLAGSHIP SERIES INTRODUCES OUR MASTERPIECES, THE TOUGHEST CHALLENGES WE DECIDED TO TAKE ON IN LOUDSPEAKER DESIGN. In a field still full of conservatism and mostly curve-shaped designs, the Florentia stand up like a modern architectural monument. Its physical presence and the strength of its straight and angled lines convey a great sense of power and dynamism which is, however, balanced by its precious material and construction details which reveal its noble and refined character.
- MODULAR SYSTEM The Florentia is made up of three separate modules. The upper and lower sealed sections house respectively the mid-bass and bass drive units, while the middle open baffle section contains the midrange and treble drive units and the crossover.
- LOWER MODULE The emotional body feeling experience of music typical of certain rock/pop live performances or the real and embracing sonic presence of a classic orchestra can only be faithfully reproduced starting from the very low frequency range.
In the Florentia, 2 x 12 inch proprietary subwoofers are housed in the lower sealed section, covering sub-bass range to below 20 Hz.
The box incorporate an extensive bracing making use materials with diffrent mechanical properties so as to drastically reduces structure vibrations. These impressive ‘made in Italy’ transducers are the result of a design partnership with one of the leading international driver manufacturers, B&C speakers. They make use of a powerful, vented full neodymium magnet system and are especially designed to easily handle extremely high excursions and very low air compression.
- ACTIVE SUBS Each driver is then indepently driven by a 1050 watt digital amplifier which provides a great power reserve for amazing dynamics and control at the very low frequency range. With its possibility of DSP adjustments Florentia will easily adapt its very low frequency emission to the acoustics of the listening room.
- MIDDLE MODULE Two midrange drive units, one soft-dome tweeter and one ribbon ultrasonic generator are integrated into the solid, CNC-machined aluminium-hdf sandwich middle panel which is also sculpted to reduce diffraction to minimal levels. The midrange units operate in a special open baffle structure which eliminates the typical resonant problems that hamper most midrange enclosures causing the sound to take on a coloration. The top and bottom panels of the open baffle module are designed at different angles to the speakers and padded with absorbent material in order to reduce resonances at mid range frequencies. The back of the middle panel is designed to reduce diffraction at mid frequency to minimal levels. The result, together with the open baffle system, is a natural and clear sound with excellent depth and open soundstage performance.
- CROSSOVER Placed inside and at the back of the middle module, the crossover, the ‘heart’ of the system, consists of three separate well-aired sections. This multi level structure is entirely hand-wired using audiophile grade components from well known specialized companies together with some of our special custom made elements. A set of fine tuning controls are also present to allow the output of the relative sections to be increased or decreased in order to compensate for the different acoustic characteristic of the listening rooms.
- TWEETER AND SUPERTWEETER Regarding the high frequency range, even the most demanding recordings will be faithfully reproduced with all musical details thanks to the match between the tweeter and our own supertweeter which complement each other with their frequency ranges and sound dispersion characteristics to achieve an absolutely homogenous and ‘three dimensional’ reproduction.
- UPPER MODULE The upper module houses a customized 10 inch woofer which features an extreme coil excursion with low distortion and excellent transient response. This very balanced engineered driver covers frequencies from around 60Hz up to 200Hz where fundamentals of a lot of acoustics instruments reside. Its placement on top of the other elements drastically reduces the first floor reflection thanks also to the use of a controlled dispersion pattern crossover design.
This section, like the others, is decoupled by the use of rubber inserts in order to reduce the transmission of vibrations and the interferences between each module. The internal bracing structure together with very low cabinet losses led this box to have a considerable QTC value of 0.71.
Rosso Fiorentino Florentia TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Type 4 -way closed box / open baffle floostanding system
89 dBspl (2.83V, 1m)
2 x ø 300mm (12 in) bass drive units with ultra low distortion neodymium magnet systems
1 x 250mm (10in) upper bass drive unit with ultra low distortion system and response tailoring coaxial steel phase plug
2 x 165mm (6.5 in) midrange units with low distortion magnet system, excellent transient response and response tailoring coaxial steel phase plug
1 x 25mm (1in) ultra-linear high frequency unit with large roll surround, textile dome diaphragm and neodymium magnet
1 x In-house made ribbon diaphragm ultrasonic generator
Frequency response (±3dB)
20 Hz – 100 kHz
60 Hz – 300 Hz – 2.3 kHz – 30 kHz
Recommended amplifier power
100w – 400W into 8Ω with unclipped sound signal
Sub bass module amplifier
2 x 1050w per module (1050w per driver) – digital amplifier
19/30mm solid HDF fiberboard/birch plywood inner box
marble chips filled side panels + internal damping pad + asymmetric internal bracing
10mm thick aluminium front panels
5mm thick aluminium/ 5mm HPL external sandwich side panels
Height: 1828mm (72 in) including plinth and spikes
Width: 590mm (23.2 in)
Depth: 738mm (29.1in)
170 Kg (374.8 lb) each
exclusive RF silky matte black coating
High gloss black
premium leather covering
personalized automotive coating
High Gloss Black or Mat Italian Walnut 94.280 e
Premium Leathers variable 95.660 e